Every property owner requires the services of a Locksmith in Perth at some point. This could be in case of an EMERGENCY when you’re locked out of your home or in case of a general need for more security. At such a time you must make sure you choose the right Locksmith and do not fall prey to any locksmith scams.
Many unqualified and unlicensed locksmiths are scamming people nowadays and they especially take advantage of those in need of Emergency Locksmith services. Don’t worry because Perth Emergency Locksmiths is here to provide you with a list of things you can do to avoid getting involved in such a scam!
You should avoid:
- A Locksmith that is unlicensed.
- A Locksmith with little or no qualifications.
- A company that does not provide a legitimate name for themselves when you inquire.
- A Locksmith that offers quotes that are unrealistically low in price for the service required.
- A Locksmith that does not seem to know what they are doing; appears confused or does not know of a simple locksmith procedure.
- A Locksmith that brings up the price before starting the job.
- A Locksmith that claims more drastic measures need to be taken for a simple procedure like drilling through a lock instead of picking it. This is usually a sign that the locksmith is trying to scam you into paying more than is required.
Each of these is a sign that you are dealing with a scam Locksmith and the best solution in this case is to leave while you still can. An unlicensed and uninsured Locksmith who also happens to be unskilled might cause damage to your property in the process and then the expenses will have to be paid by you.
Scam Locksmiths usually target those who are in a vulnerable position, such as someone in need of an Emergency. Clients are usually in a state of confusion at such a time and scam Locksmiths use this as an opportunity to charge more for services that are worth much less.
This is why you must always do your research before hiring a Locksmith and should definitely opt for a licensed and reputable one.
List of things that should consider when hiring a Locksmith:
- Find a licensed Locksmith who is more likely to be skilled and trustworthy.
- Look for an insured and bonded Locksmith, which will prevent any extra costs in case of damage to your property.
- Hire a reputable Locksmith who has years of experience in the field.
- Find a Locksmith whose services are reasonably priced, but are neither too low nor overpriced.
Perth Emergency Locksmiths is a fully licensed and insured business and are known in the industry for providing top quality services. Call us at 0481 356 257 today!